I remember the morning when suddenly I heard strange popping sound in my knee while jogging and felt the pain. In the hospital I was told I had torn my anterior cruciate ligament. I started looking for ACL reconstruction abroad and came across Surgery Price. With Surgery Price I saved my time, a great deal of money and restored my health. Matt, Ireland
I was living with torn ACL for over a year.It started causing pain so i started my research for the best clinic. I looked through different options in several countries, then turned to SurgeryPrice. They recommended a clinic with years of experience with foreign patients. I got fully arranged surgery less than in a month. My surgery was fast and painless, and now I feel better every day. Thanks SurgeryPrice for the recommendation.. Alex, Norway
ACL (ligament) Reconstruction Prices
Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACL) is performed when the ligament is severely impaired and non-surgical treatment does not help. For instance, when ACL is torn completely and it cannot heal, even if it is stitched back.
During an ACL reconstruction, a surgeon removes the impaired tissue and replaces it with a new ligament which can be taken either from the body of the patient (autograft) or a donor (allograft). Autograft normally comes from patellar tendon or the hamstring.
ACL is a minimally invasive an arthroscopic surgery during which a surgeon makes a few minor incisions and inserts surgical instruments and an arthroscope.
Our clinics cooperate with the NHS for medical treatment refunds. They will assist you in completing forms for refunds from the NHS as well as HSE.
- Who qualifies for ACL?
- A person whose damaged ACL cannot be treated in a non-surgical way
- Restores the torn ACL and its functions
- Ensures stability in the knee
- It is a minimally invasive procedure
- It is considered as a safe and effective procedure
- The recovery is fast
- The motion of the knee is achieved quickly
- There is a low risk of complications
- Blood clots may form in the veins
- Knee may become stiff and lose mobility
- If allograft (tissue from a donor) is used, there is a risk of disease transmission
- If autograft (tissue from your own body) is used, there is a risk of patellar fractures, patella tendonitis or scars
- Medical data shows 82 % – 95 % rate of long-term success
- Over 50,000 ACL surgeries are performed in the US per year
- Surgery time:
- from 2 hours
- Recovery after ACL:
- Physical therapy starts right after the ACL surgery because it is essential to the healing process. Short-term recovery is normally achieved in 2 months, meaning that a person gradually regains strength and motion of the knee as well as ability to straighten it. While full recovery is expected in 6 months.
|Lithuania||Vilnius, Kaunas - watch VIDEO||3.000 €|
|Latvia||Riga, Sigulda||3.700 €|
|Ireland||Cork, Derry, Dublin, Limerick||6.800 €|
|UK||Birmingham, Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield||7.500 €|
The prices listed above are estimated averages based on our research, therefore minor variations are possible.
Note that via Surgeryprice.co.uk you may find a better price. Get a quote
The clinic is located in the second largest city of Lithuania - Kaunas. It is 2-3 hours away by plane from most of Western Europe airports. Modern facilities, proffesional staff as well as European-level surgeon are the main reasons to choose the clinic for the surgery. Due to economic reasons the prices locally are at least twice lower than in the UK or Scandinavia, making the clinic even more attractive. Read more about ACL reconstruction price