I had gastric bypass in April 2013. I will just say that I now weigh 70 kg, which is normal weight :D super happy - all thanks to Surgery Price! The help I received has changed my life for the better. Pauline, gastric bypass, Sweden
I've been looking for a good weight loss clinic when I found surgeryprice. I went to the recommended clinic to have gastric sleeve...After I got home, weight has gone steadily downhill, and health has become better and better. I only regret I have not done this earlier. Nothing to be nervous about or be afraid of. I recommend Surgery price. They offered a fantastic clinic abroad, only much cheaper and better service. Jane, gastric sleeve, UK
Gastric Banding Price
Bariatric clinic abroad
Danish patient's bariatric surgery
Gastric banding surgery results in considerable weight loss because it limits the capacity of food that a person can consume. The surgery is done under general anaesthesia.
Through small incisions a surgeon inserts a viewing camera and surgical instruments, then he inserts a band and adjusts it around the upper part of the stomach dividing the stomach into 2 parts. A newly created small pouch is connected to the lower part through small access. To put it precisely, the function of a band is to make a person eat less and feel fuller.
New bariatric app for better weight loss
Bariatric IQ - a new bariatric app specially designed for patients before and after weight loss surgeries. It's the first comprehensive app for bariatric patients in the world and it is currently available in 6 languages.
The app addresses all issues related to surgeries such as gastric bypass: how to prepare for it, what, when and how much you can eat after the surgery. Recipes, communities, before/after pictures, lots of useful info and much more. Download the app for your iPhone now!
30% of WEIGHT LOST in 1 year after gastric bypass:
- Who qualifies for gastric banding?
- Patients over 18 years
- BMI from 30-35
- Sufficient medical condition
- Good psychological state
- It is also recommended for people who suffer from type 2 diabetes, arthritis, sleep apnea, asthma and cardiovascular diseases
- Gastric banding causes signifincat weight lost
- Gastric banding is a reversible surgery
- Gastric banding alleviates Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnoea, heart disease
- The recovery after gastric banding is fast
- Incision infection
- Slippage of the band
- The stretch of the pouch
- Re-operation might be needed to adjust the band
- Blood clots may develop in the lungs
- 50 - 60 % extra weight loss
- 10 - 20 % patients will need re-operation
See before-after pictures
- Surgery time:
- from 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Recovery after gastric banding:
- Since gastric banding is minimally invasive surgery patients recover very quickly. Usually, it takes around 1 week, however you will still have to consume liquified food for the following 2 - 3 weeks. The patient will also be instructed on healthy eating and will have to follow highly nutritional diet.
|Lithuania||Vilnius, Kaunas - watch VIDEO||5.300 €|
|Latvia||Riga, Sigulda||5.400 €|
|Ireland||Cork, Derry, Dublin, Limerick||10.000 €|
|UK||Birmingham, Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield||10.000 €|
The prices listed above are estimated averages based on our research, therefore minor variations are possible.
Note that via Surgeryprice.co.uk you may find a better price. Get a quote
|Nordbariatric - weight loss clinic in Lithuania, Kaunas|
The clinic is located in the second largest city of Lithuania - Kaunas. It is 2-3 hours away by plane from most of the Western Europe airports. Modern facilities, proffesional staff as well as European-level surgeon are the main reasons to choose the clinic for the surgery. Due to economic reasons the local prices are at least twice as lower than in the UK and Scandinavia, making the clinic even more attractive. Read more