Thank you SurgeryPrice! You saved me a whole bunch of money. At first I was considering having my tummy tuck at one of the clinics in London. I am so happy I changed my mind and went abroad instead. I got tummy tuck and breast lift for the same price I was planning to pay in London for tummy tuck only! I am very grateful for all the help you gave me :) Karin, London
Gastric Banding Price
Bariatric clinic abroad
Danish patient's bariatric surgery
Gastric banding surgery results in considerable weight loss because it limits the capacity of food that a person can consume. The surgery is done under the general anaesthesia.
Through small incisions a surgeon inserts a viewing camera and surgical instruments, then he inserts a band and adjusts it around the upper part of the stomach dividing the stomach into 2 parts. A newly created small pouch is connected to the lower part through small access. To put it precisely, the function of a band is to make a person eat less and feel fuller.
30% of WEIGHT LOST in 1 year after gastric bypass:
- Who qualifies for gastric banding?
- From 18 years
- BMI from 30-35
- Sufficient medical condition
- Good psychological state
- It is also recommended for people who suffer from type 2 diabetes, arthritis, sleep apnea, asthma and cardiovascular diseases
- Gastric banding causes signifincat weight lost
- Gastric banding is a reversible surgery
- Gastric banding is the least invasive surgery of all weight loss surgeries
- Gastric banding alleviates Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnoea, heart disease
- The recovery after gastric banding is fast
- Incision infection
- Slippage of the band
- The stretch of the pouch
- Re-operation might be needed to adjust the band
- Blood clots may develop in the lungs
- 50 - 60 % extra weight loss
- 10 - 20 % patients will need re-operation
- Surgery time:
- from 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Recovery after gastric banding:
- Since gastric banding is minimally invasive surgery patients recover very quickly. Usually, it takes around 1 week, however you will still have to consume liquified food for the following 2 - 3 weeks. The patient will also be instructed on healthy eating and will have to follow highly nutritional diet.
|Lithuania||Vilnius, Kaunas - watch VIDEO||5.300||5.900|
|Ireland||Cork, Derry, Dublin, Limerick||10.000||12.500|
|UK||Birmingham, Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield||10.000||11.000|
The prices listed above are estimated averages based on our research, therefore minor variations are possible.
Note that via Surgeryprice.co.uk you may find a better price. Get a quote
|Nordbariatric - weight loss clinic in Lithuania, Kaunas|
The clinic is located in second largest city of Lithuania - Kaunas. It is 2-3 hours away by plane from most of Western Europe airports. Modern facilities, proffesional staff as well as European level surgeon are the main reasons to choose the clinic for the surgery. Due to economic reasons the prices locally are at least twice lower than in the UK, Scandinavia making the clinic even more attractive. Read more