I had gastric bypass in April 2013. I will just say that I now weigh 70 kg, which is normal weight :D super happy - all thanks to Surgery Price! The help I received has changed my life for the better. Pauline, gastric bypass, Sweden
I've been looking for a good weight loss clinic when I found surgeryprice. I went to the recommended clinic to have gastric sleeve...After I got home, weight has gone steadily downhill, and health has become better and better. I only regret I have not done this earlier. Nothing to be nervous about or be afraid of. I recommend Surgery price. They offered a fantastic clinic abroad, only much cheaper and better service. Jane, gastric sleeve, UK
Gastric Sleeve Prices
Bariatric clinic abroad
Danish patient's bariatric surgery
Gastric sleeve is a procedure during which a surgeon removes about 70 - 80 % of the stomach which then resembles the shape of a sleeve. The surgeon uses a tiny camera called a laparoscope and minute surgical instruments which he inserts through small incisions. The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia.
Gastric sleeve is an innovative technique which allows patients to lose excess weight and more importantly to maintain achieved results effectively. It is essential to bear in mind that gastric sleeve not only causes physical changes in the stomach, but it also alters the lifestyle and the attitude towards food and exercise in general. Patients together with their nutritionist review healthy eating patterns and the importance of physical activities.
Although gastric sleeve is a relatively new method in bariatric field and not much of medical data is collected so far, it is still regarded as one of the most effective and safest weight loss surgeries.
New bariatric app for better weight loss
Bariatric IQ - a new bariatric app specially designed for patients before and after weight loss surgeries. It's the first comprehensive app for bariatric patients in the world and it is currently available in 6 languages.
The app addresses all issues related to surgeries such as gastric bypass: how to prepare for it, what, when and how much you can eat after the surgery. Recipes, communities, before/after pictures, lots of useful info and much more. Download the app for your iPhone now!
30% of WEIGHT LOST in 1 year after gastric bypass:
- Who qualifies for gastric sleeve?
- Patients from 18 years
- BMI from 30-35
- Sufficient medical condition
- Good psychological state
- It is also recommended for people who suffer from type 2 diabetes, arthritis, sleep apnea, asthma and cardiovascular diseases
- Significant weight loss
- The digestive tract is not changed thus digestion happens naturally
- No medical devices are inserted (as in gastric band) thus there is no need for any adjustments
- No dumping syndrome risk (a syndrome when not-fully digested food is dumpped into the small intestine)
- A patient can consume a greater variety of food than after gastric bypass surgery
- Gastric sleeve can be performed to a patient who has illnessess that prevent him/her form having other types of gastric surgeries e.g. anemia and Crohn's disease.
- Infection of incision
- The break of staple line
- Leaking of the sleeve
- The stretch of stomach pouch
- The gain of weight if balanced diet is not followed
- Little data on long term weight loss results
- 70 - 80 % of stomach is removed
- 30 - 50 % of excess weight is lost during the first year
Quick form: which bariatric surgery is more suitable
See before-after pictures
- Surgery time:
- from 1 to 2 hours
- Recovery after gastric sleeve:
- For the first weeks a patient can only consume liquid or liqufied food. Later on he/she must follow healthy eating guidelines and adhere to the diet plan so as to avoid possible complications. In comparison with the other gastric surgeries, rehabilitation after gastric sleeve takes more time and might be more complex. Although each patient heals differently, the usual full long-term recovery time is from 3 - 9 months whereas solid food is allowed in around 6 weeks.
|Lithuania||Vilnius, Kaunas||6.500 € +
|Latvia||Riga, Sigulda||6.500 €|
|Ireland||Cork, Derry, Dublin, Limerick||11.200 €|
|UK||Birmingham, Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield||12.000 €|
The prices listed above are estimated averages based on our research, therefore minor variations are possible.
Note that via Surgeryprice.co.uk you may find a better price. Get a quote
The clinic is located in the second largest city of Lithuania - Kaunas. It is 2-3 hours away by plane from most of the Western Europe airports. Modern facilities, proffesional staff as well as European-level surgeon are the main reasons to choose the clinic for the surgery. Due to economic reasons the local prices are at least twice as lower than in the UK and Scandinavia, making the clinic even more attractive. Read more