Thank you SurgeryPrice! You saved me a whole bunch of money. At first I was considering having my tummy tuck at one of the clinics in London. I am so happy I changed my mind and went abroad instead. I got tummy tuck and breast lift for the same price I was planning to pay in London for tummy tuck only! I am very grateful for all the help you gave me :) Karin, London
Knee Replacement Price
Knee replacement surgical treatment consists of changing some or even all different parts of the knee joint with an artificial implant, to correct the damaged weight-bearing surfaces which have been causing pain.
A total knee replacement surgery replaces all three compartments of the unhealthy knee joint. A partial knee replacement will involve an implant in just 1 or 2 compartments of the knee, keeping some of healthy component.
Our clinics cooperate with the NHS for medical treatment refunds. They will assist you in completing forms for refunds from the NHS as well as HSE.
- Who qualifies for knee replacement?
- From 18 to 90s*
- Sufficient medical condition
- Good psychological state
*the “ideal” knee replacement candidate is between the age range of 65-75, mainly because patients are healthy enough to recover from surgical treatment and also because they are likely to keep the artificial prosthesis for the rest of their lives (15-20 years).
- elimination of pain
- renewed stability and movement
- improved range of motion
- correction of deformities
- quality of life improvement
- Any kind of surgical treatment carries possible general risks. These risks have been reported but happen extremely rarely:
- Blood clots
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Blood vessel injury
- Anesthesia-related problems
- Pain after the knee replacement*
- stiffness after the knee replacement*
- Nerve damage
- Knee prosthesis failure / malfunction possibility
- Limited mobility/movement
* it is a possibility for overweight or diabetic patients
- Around 676 000 knee replacement surgeries are performed yearly in the USA
- Most of the patients are around 65 years old. However, now there is a tendency for patient population to get younger and younger. Some are merely 50 years old.
- 90 to 95 % say that they are fully satisfied with the results and the total improvement of well being because of diminished soreness and disability.
- Surgery time:
- from 1 to 3 hours
- Rehabilitation after knee replacement:
- Physical exercise is essential for appropriate recovery. Therapy starts in the medical center and normally carries on after discharge for about 6-8 weeks. Patients usually are dismissed 3 to 5 days following knee replacement surgical treatment. Most patients take their initial steps right after surgical treatment using a walker. Patients with good stability plus a good chest muscles may choose the crutches. Usual time to return to work: 2 to 4 weeks which includes a walking cane; 4 to 6 weeks unassisted. Learn more about knee replacement price
- Alternatives: drug treatment, intra-articular treatments (corticosteroid injections, viscosupplementation with hyaluronic acid)
|Lithuania||Vilnius, Kaunas||5.900 € +
|Latvia||Riga, Sigulda||5.200 €|
|Ireland||Cork, Derry, Dublin, Limerick||17.200 €|
|UK||Birmingham, Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield||11.500 €|
Knee replacement price list listed above are estimated averages based on our research, therefore minor variations are possible.
Note that via Surgeryprice.co.uk you may find a better knee replacement price. Get a quote
The clinic is located in second largest city of Lithuania - Kaunas. It is 2-3 hours away by plane from most of Western Europe airports. Modern facilities, proffesional staff as well as European level surgeon are the main reasons to choose the clinic for the surgery. Due to economic reasons the prices locally are at least twice lower than in the UK, Scandinavia making the clinic even more attractive. Read more about knee replacement price