I've been dreaming about a flat tummy for a while; I googled and found Surgery price. After I emailed the clinic that was suggested by Surgery price, I booked a tummy tuck date, flights and there I was, excited beyond compare. I eventually had a flat stomach! Thanks Surgery price! Patricia, tummy tuck, Ireland
Just wanted to thank Surgery price following my liposuction procedure in September. I am absolutely amazed by the results. I even bought my first bikini in 20 years! Thanks to surgeryprice I was able to make my dreams come true and find real professionals who helped put my mind at ease and enjoy my body again. Jackie, abdominal liposuction, UK
Otoplasty is the surgical procedure which reshapes external ear, fixes either deformities or simply causes them to look much better. Otyoplasty is usually either an aesthetic or reconstructive procedure.
Classic otoplasty is also often known as ear pinning, in which big or extruding ears are "pinned" back towards the person's head. Reconstructive otoplasty allows to take care of serious ear defects that may originate from birth or even some type of external injury.
- Who qualifies for otoplasty?
- Older than 4 years*
- Procedure can be performed on both children and also adults
- Sufficient medical condition
- Good psychological state
* Children within ages of four and fourteen are standard otoplasty candidates. Child patients generally have otoplasty around the age of six, as soon as their ears have developed to a size quite close to an grownups.
- Improves facial proportions
- Enhances appearance
- Changes the person's self-image
- Strengthens self-confidence
- Helps individuals to live satisfying lifestyles without any frustrating self-consciousness
- Brings any kind of teasing and ridicule to the end
- Risks: Any kind of surgical treatment carries possible general risks These risks have been reported but they are extremely rare
- Blood clots
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Hearing loss
- Anesthesia-related problems.
- Potential risks: Overcorrections, positioning the ears too close to the head, contour distortions, inadequate correction, asymmetric correction, loosening of Sutures- this risk typically experienced by kids who have undergone otoplasty due to their strenuous or even vigorous physical activity
- Side effects:
- Pain is usually minimal and can be relieved with painkillers or also anti-inflammatory prescription drugs
- Itching and Aching is a side effect of the sutures
- Numbness - it is common to experience a short term loss of senses of the ear immediately after surgical treatment. Numbness along with other irregular nerve sensations can continue for a couple of days or even for a couple of months after otoplasty.
- Total ear surgery procedures done in USA - 27, 332 per year
- 61% - female, 39% - male
- The study* indicates:
- 97% reported an increase in happiness;
92% reported an increase in self-confidence;
79% noted improved social experience;
100% reported bullying reduced or stopped.
63% of children reported increase in happiness and confidence;
*Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery. Volume 62, Issue 2, Pages 190-194, February 2009; The benefits of otoplasty for children: Top of Form
- Surgery time:
- from 2 to 3 hours
- Recovery after otoplasty:
- As soon as the otoplasty surgical treatment is finished, a patient's scalp is going to be covered with unique heavily-padded cotton bandages, known as fluff bandages. After a couple of days the patient may remove the fluff bandages. However, he or she has to put on a finer bandage for another couple of days. After around 7 days all bandages may be taken off.
- The ears right after the surgery often seem inflamed or bruised, but it will settle down as time passes.
- Adults will be able to go back to work just after several days. Children may come back to classes after 7 day.
- Full otoplasty recovery normally takes somewhere around 6 weeks.
- Treatment for:
- Enlarged ears, ears which seem to be too small, lop ears - the tips are folded downward, jutting forward, cupped ears, drooping ears, protruding ears, cauliflower ears, ear deformities, ears requiring, reconstruction subsequently after some kind of injury
- Alternatives: reconstructive otoplasty
|Lithuania||Vilnius, Kaunas - watch VIDEO||700 €|
|Latvia||Riga, Sigulda||600 €|
|Ireland||Cork, Derry, Dublin, Limerick||3.420 €|
|UK||Birmingham, Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield||3.800 €|
The prices listed above are estimated averages based on our research, therefore minor variations are possible.
Note that via Surgeryprice.co.uk you may find a better price. Get a quote
The clinic is located in second largest city of Lithuania - Kaunas. It is 2-3 hours away by plane from most of Western Europe airports. Modern facilities, proffesional staff as well as European level surgeon are the main reasons to choose the clinic for the surgery. Due to economic reasons the prices locally are at least twice lower than in the UK, Scandinavia making the clinic even more attractive. Read more